Other Ways to Contact Hotline
In addition to submitting your complaint online, you may also forward your tip via one of the channels below:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Office of Inspector General
ATTN: OIG HOTLINE OPERATIONS
P.O. Box 23489
Washington, DC 20026
OIG Hotline Operations processes complaints in electronic format and does not maintain original documentation or items received as part of a complaint. If you choose to file your complaint via the mail and include documents supporting your allegation or complaint do not send original documents. They will not be returned.
Do not mail any of the following items to OIG Hotline:
- Digital media, including flash drives, iPads, disks, etc.
- used medical supplies, diagnostic equipment or research devices
- used personal care products
- medical waste (including sharps such as needles/lances)
- biological products or clinical specimens (See U.S. Postal Service Domestic Mail Manual 610.8 (Nonmailable & Restricted Articles) & 10 (Hazardous Materials).
While you may remain anonymous, in order to accept submissions for review via facsimile, the OIG Hotline requires a complaint to include a formal cover letter or the use of the downloadable complaint submission form, available in PDF or DOCX versions.
OIG Hotline Operations does not accept facsimile submissions over 45 pages. Such submissions should be submitted via the internet complaint page where the uploading of larger documents is available.