The emergence of COVID-19 has created unprecedented challenges for the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and for the delivery of health care and human services to beneficiaries. HHS leads the Federal public health and medical response during public health emergencies. As the oversight agency for HHS, OIG promotes the effectiveness of HHS's COVID-19 response and recovery efforts. These pages describe our COVID-19 work agency wide.
- Suburban Chicago Man Indicted for COVID-19 Testing Fraud Scheme
- OIG’s COVID-19 Public Health Emergency Flexibilities End on May 11, 2023 Upon Expiration of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency Declaration
- Hyde Park Man Pleads Guilty To COVID-Relief And Federal Assistance Benefit Fraud
- Former State Lawmaker Sentenced For COVID-19 Fraud Scheme At Springfield Health Care Charity
- Early Challenges Highlight Areas for Improvement in COVID-19 Vaccination Programs
- Challenges With Vaccination Data Hinder State and Local Immunization Program Efforts To Combat COVID-19