A Roadmap for New Physicians
Compliance Programs for Physicians
Establishing and following a compliance program will help physicians avoid fraudulent activities and ensure that they are submitting true and accurate claims. The following seven components provide a solid basis upon which a physician practice can create a voluntary compliance program:
- Conduct internal monitoring and auditing.
- Implement compliance and practice standards.
- Designate a compliance officer or contact.
- Conduct appropriate training and education.
- Respond appropriately to detected offenses and develop corrective action.
- Develop open lines of communication with employees.
- Enforce disciplinary standards through well-publicized guidelines.
With the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, physicians who treat Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries will be required to establish a compliance program.
Let's start by choosing a topic
Priority recommendations summarized.
OIG planned projects.
Significant OIG activities in 6-month increments.