Immediate Office of Inspector General (IO)
Principal Deputy Inspector General
The Immediate Office of the Inspector General is directly responsible for the overall fulfillment of OIG’s mission and for promoting effective management and quality of OIG processes and products. For example, Immediate Office staff:
- serve as liaison to the Secretary and Deputy Secretary of HHS;
- review all existing and proposed HHS regulations and legislation;
- promote OIG activities and accomplishments by reaching out to the public, media and other external entities;
- compile and issue publications that provide an overview of OIG’s work, including the annual Work Plan and Semiannual Report(s) to Congress;
- coordinate congressional testimony;
- process all Freedom of Information Act requests;
- plan, conduct and participate in a variety of cooperative projects within HHS and with other Government agencies.
Let's start by choosing a topic
Priority recommendations summarized.
FY 2014 Work Plan
OIG projects planned for 2014.
Significant OIG activities in 6-month increments.