- May 17, 2013
- OIG Finalizes Regulation Permitting State Medicaid Fraud Control Units to Seek Permission to Receive Federal Matching for Data Mining
- North Carolina Medicaid Overpaid Hospitals for Some Inpatient Services That Medicare Paid (A-04-11-06137)
- The Ohio Medicaid Program Could Significantly Lower Payment Rates for Selected Durable Medical Equipment and Supplies (A-05-12-00038)
- Nebraska Improperly Claimed Some Child Care and Development Targeted Funds (A-07-12-03175)
- Maine Improperly Claimed Medicaid Payments for School-Based Health Services Submitted by Portland School Department (A-01-11-00011)
- May 15, 2013
- Home Health Agencies Received Timely Surveys and Corrected Deficiencies as Required (OEI-06-11-00400)
- May 14, 2013
- LEIE Database Updated with April 2013 Exclusions and Reinstatements
- May 14, 2013; U.S. Attorney; District of Massachusetts
- Orthofix Territory Manager Convicted for Committing Health Care Fraud and Paying Kickbacks
- May 14, 2013; U.S. Department of Justice & Department of Health and Human Services
- Medicare Fraud Strike Force Charges 89 Individuals for Approximately $223 Million in False Billing
- May 14, 2013; U.S. Attorney; Central
District of California
- Los Angeles-Area Residents Accused of Attempting to Bilk Medicare of $22 Million Arrested as Part of Nationwide Crackdown
- May 14, 2013; U.S. Attorney; Southern
District of Florida
- Twenty-Four South Florida Residents Charged as Part of Nationwide Coordinated Takedown by Medicare Fraud Strike Force Operations
Let's start by choosing a topic
Unimplemented OIG recommendations summarized.
FY 2013 Work Plan
OIG projects planned for 2013.
Significant OIG activities in 6-month increments.
Recovery Act Oversight
OIG will assess whether HHS is using Recovery Act funds in accordance with legal and administrative requirements and is meeting the accountability objectives defined by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).